Location: Michigan City, Indiana
Internal Number: R-063020
Physician - Family or Internal Medicine
Michigan City Coolspring Health Center
1225 E Coolspring Ave Suite 1-A Michigan City, Indiana 46360
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking a Board Eligible/Board Certified Family or Internal Medicine physician to join our busy and growing multi-specialty group at Franciscan Physician Network Coolspring Health Center located in Michigan City, Indiana which is within 60 minutes of Chicago and minutes from Lake Michigan beaches. The ideal candidate will enjoy providing comprehensive care for patients and families in our community.
WHAT WE NEED:
Ideal candidate will have a strong focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. Candidate will display exceptional interpersonal skills and desire to develop strong ties with the community and build long-lasting relationships with patients and their families. Physician will need to work collaboratively to coordinate and deliver the highest quality of patient care.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Schedule: 36 patient contact hours, 4 administrative work hours
- Flexible Schedule: Possible Four 10/hr days, Five 8/hr days
- Weekday & Weekend Call: Family Medicine 1:15 or Internal Medicine 1:7
- Average outpatient volume: 20-25 patients per 8/hr day
- Excellent support staffing: Triage RN, dedicated MA plus additional MA support for practice
- Potential to collaborate/supervise Advanced Practice Providers
- Opportunity to see patients virtually 25% of contact hours
- Women's Health preferred, but not required
- Lab and X-Ray on site
- Specialty Practices within Network: Ortho, Rheumatology, ENT, Endo, Derm, Opthamology, Cardiology, Hem/Onc, Vascular, OB/Gyn, GI, ID, Pulm, etc.
- Strategic plan to build new Medical Office Building located at Franciscan Health Michigan City as well as new construction at existing practice at Coolspring Health Center
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of FRANCISCAN HEALTH, brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Franciscan Health's hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois. FPN includes over 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers.
With 12 hospitals, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence. Franciscan Health takes pride in providing compassionate, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous recruitment bonus program including relocation allowance; commencement and retention packages
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Allowed Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Nestled along the shores of Lake Michigan and the Indiana Dunes National Park, La Porte and Porter Counties merge the best of small-town friendliness with easy access to Chicago - less than 60 miles away. Known for its miles of waterfront beaches and property, you can live in amenity rich communities where affordable living options abound. Stroll along the fresh-water beaches, harbors and lighthouses or immerse yourself in water sports. The area boasts four beautiful seasons and year-round recreational activities such as camping, hiking and biking, award-wining breweries and wineries, a charming lake-side zoo, art festivals, casino and outlet shopping mall.
The regional economy is a diverse mix of agriculture, healthcare, manufacturing and tourism. The area is home to outstanding educational programs - including the state's first construction trade apprenticeship program and energy academy. Not to mention colleges and universities including Valparaiso University, Purdue University, Indiana University and the University of Norte Dame, all within an hours' drive.
Let us show you why we love where we live!
Never or Rarely
To further Franciscan Alliance's commitment to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our coworkers and their families; our patients, visitors, and vendors, and the community at large all Franciscan workforce members must be vaccinated, unless granted an exemption. We are committed to making the communities we serve healthier.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.