- Informational Interview required
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Minnesota RN licensure. Current BLS certification.
One or more of the following:
* Completion of the ECMO for the Care Giver course,
* Experience at the bedside of an ECMO patient(s),
* Previous experience as an ECMO specialist
Advanced critical care nursing skills*:
* 3 years critical care experience with recent critical care experience in the NICU, CVCC or PICU within the last 5 years
* Experience caring for a broad spectrum of critically ill patients in their current unit,
* Understanding of the principles of hemodynamics in clinical work (e.g., flow, resistance, perfusion, gas exchange).
* Understanding of the pharmacology of vasoactive drips.
NRP and PALS certification. Requirements expected to be met within 1 year of joining the team.
Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., preceptor, mentor, CRN, Charge, Hemofiltration specialist, transport RN)
* Demonstrates experience managing emergent or crisis situations effectively
* Exercises independent nursing judgment
*Job applicants will be provided a clinical skills and knowledge self-assessment form to help them confirm readiness for the ECMO specialist role.
Please click here to view the Physical Demands
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children's Minnesota requires proof of COVID-19 vaccine, and as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases, prior to employment.
Children's Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.