Location: Morristown, New Jersey
Internal Number: 18174648
Atlantic Health System is Seeking a Heart Failure/Heart Success Cardiologist for a Great Opportunity in Morristown New Jersey
Atlantic Health System (AHS), headquartered in Morristown, NJ, is an integrated health care delivery system powered by a workforce of over 17,000 team members dedicated to building healthier communities. The system is comprised of 350 sites of care, including six hospitals: Morristown Medical Center, Overlook Medical Center, Newton Medical Center, Chilton Medical Center, Hackettstown Medical Center and Goryeb Children's Hospital. Atlantic Health System also supports communities through Atlantic Medical Group, Atlantic Rehabilitation, Atlantic Home Care and Hospice, and its subsidiary, Mobile Health. Atlantic Health System sponsors the Atlantic Accountable Care Organization, one of the larger ACOs in the nation, and Optimus Healthcare Partners.
Morristown Medical Center/Atlantic Health System is seeking a Board-certified Advanced Heart Failure Cardiologist to join its expanding heart failure program. Morristown Medical Center and its Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, housed in the Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute, a 200-bed heart hospital lead the state of New Jersey and provide a full spectrum of cardiovascular services. They offer excellent clinical, academic, and clinical research opportunities as well as the opportunity to help establish the vision for a heart failure program that oversees care at each of Atlantic's 5 hospitals and coordinates outpatient care through Atlantic Medical Group's large multispecialty practice.
The successful candidate will join an established multidisciplinary team and assume clinical duties in all aspects of heart failure, mechanical circulatory support, and ventricular assist devices in both inpatient and outpatient clinical settings. Experience in or the ability to teach fellows, residents, and medical students and the ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment are required. We are committed to fostering a stimulating and collegial workplace and will provide a competitive compensation package.
- Provide direct heart failure patient care in both the inpatient and outpatient settings at AHS hospitals
- Assist with Heart Failure initiatives - including but not limited to, reduction in length of stay, observed to expected mortality, 30-day readmissions, adherence to core measures and other publicly reported data, optimized transitions of care.
- Work with medical director to oversee inpatient and outpatient heart failure programs
- Representing heart failure program and its activities with AHS system and hospital level committees as needed
- Provides 6 weeks of CCU coverage at Morristown Medical Center per year
- Assist to advance the field of heart failure at Atlantic Health System.
- In collaboration with current medical director and surgical director of advanced heart failure, oversee advanced heart failure LVAD program
- The position requires the ability to work collaboratively with a variety of professional, administrative and community. The person in this position must also have strong clinical skills. Establish advanced heart failure research program including securing extramural funding and presenting results with oral and written (peer-review) presentations, and supervision of fellow research as needed.
- Improve operational efficiency of heart failure management including implementation of computer-based reporting and data
- Work with medical director with updates as needed to the advanced heart failure curriculum for cardiology
- Work with the Medical Director and Fellowship Program Director to ensure compliance of heart failure training with ACGME requirements.
- Demonstrate transparency and integrity m interactions with physicians and staff, promoting trust in the institutional and section leadership
- Foster excellent communications, teamwork, and cooperation in carrying out the clinical, educational, and scholarly mission of the Service Line
- Licensed cardiologists from an accredited college or university
- Board certified in Heart Failure
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a supportive manner with patients and/or families regarding condition, prognosis, health needs and available services
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, techniques, and practices in the field of heart failure cardiology
- Extensive knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of heart failure cardiology
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with professional staff
- Keeps abreast of current research and incorporates relevant findings into specific areas of clinical practice
- 3-5 years of heart failure experience preferred
- Competitive salary
- Robust benefits with health, dental, Rx and vision plans
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Reimbursement for Relocation
- Comprehensive Malpractice Policy
- Non-Profit Health System - eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
- $3500 for Annual CME and Time Off incremental to PTO days
- Full reimbursement for Boards and Licensing fees
- Tuition reimbursement for Advanced Degrees
- Voted "Great Place to Work "- 14 years strong!
- Outstanding growth & mentorship opportunities
To learn more about this position and other opportunities with Atlantic Health System, please send your CV to Jennifer Cantor, Physician Recruiter at Jennifer.Cantor@atlantichealth.org.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune's "Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For" list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Medical Group, comprised of 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers, represents one of the largest multi-specialty practices in New Jersey and joins Atlantic Accountable Care Organization and Optimus Healthcare Partners as part of Atlantic Alliance, a Clinically Integrated Network of more than 2,500 health care providers throughout northern and central NJ.
Morristown Medical Center is rated the number one hospital in New Jersey by U.S. News & World Report for four years in a row, Morristown Medical Center is a nationally-recognized leader in cardiology and heart surgery, orthopedics, gynecology, geriatrics, gastroenterology and GI surgery, pulmonology and lung surgery, and urology. We are the only hospital in New Jersey named one of America's '50 Best Hospitals' for seven consecutive years by Healthgrades and one of the World's Best Hospitals (the 46th best hospital in the United States and number one in NJ) by Newsweek. We were also ranked the top hospital with more than 350 beds in New Jersey by Castle Connolly. We were included on Becker's Healthcare 2020 list of "100 Great Hospitals in America." In addition, Leapfrog recognized us with an "A" hospital safety grade - its highest - thirteen consecutive times, and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services awarded us again with its highest five-star rating in 2020.