Location: Sylva, North Carolina
Harris Regional Hospital, a Duke LifePoint Hospital in Sylva, North Carolina (45min outside Asheville) is growing with the addition of full-time BC/BE Pediatric Hospitalists to assist in the development of a new hospital employed service line. Those who are currently practicing or are currently in training can be considered.
- Huge professional growth opportunity spearhead the development of a new pediatric hospitalist service line
- Responsibilities will be attending high risk c-sections, and rounding on 9-bed pediatric unit and all newborns
- The only provider west/south of Haywood county for deliveries and Asheville for inpatient pediatrics - service area includes 160,000 people in western North Carolina
Recruitment Package may include:
- Base salary + wRVU production incentive
- CME allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Medical debt assistance + Consultative services by Navigate Student Loans
- Relocation allowance
- Residency stipend
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Health benefits + Retirement plan
- Marketing + practice growth assistance
Harris Regional Hospital is an 86-bed acute care facility located in Sylva, NC. With a long-standing reputation for excellent care, this fully accredited hospital has been providing care to western North Carolina residents since 1929. Harris offers five major service lines, including orthopedics, cardiology, general surgery, women's care, and emergency medicine, as well as many other areas of subspecialty care.
Sylva, NC is less than one hour west of Asheville and adjacent to the university town of Cullowhee, NC, home of Western Carolina University. Sylva and the surrounding area feature hundreds of miles of hiking and biking trails, waterfalls, and whitewater rafting and kayaking. Access to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the Nantahala Outdoor Center, and the cultural legacy of Cherokee, NC. Jackson County is known as the official North Carolina Trout Capital with clear mountain streams running throughout the county. Mountain golf and snow skiing are also within a few minutes' drive.